Children’s Country Fair
Saturday, September 28, 2013, 11am – 3pm
Please join us for a family and child-centered event that includes wagon and pony rides, artisans, country fair food, music, cake-walk, obstacle course, dunk tank, face-painting and dress-up, water play, bubble-making, penny toss, and much more!
Prospective Parent Tour Dates:
August 28, 2014 at 9 a.m
September 12, 2014 at 9 a.m.
PRAIRIE HILL’s Prospective Parent Tours provide the opportunity for you to learn about the history of PRAIRIE HILL and Montessori education, observe the work of the children in the classrooms, and ask questions. A typical tour lasts about two hours.
RSVP by calling 402.438.6668 or filling out the email form below. Please note that parent tours are for adults only (and nursing infants if needed). Children will have an opportunity to visit prior to enrollment.
PRAIRIE HILL is a place where children as young as 1-1/2 years old can:
- splash in a rain puddle
- collect eggs from chickens
- groom a pony after having a ride
- catch snowflakes on their mittens
- take a nature walk at their pace
- go bird-watching on a crisp autumn morning
- cut fresh flowers and arrange them in a small vase
- harvest produce from the garden or orchard, wash and eat them for lunch
- experience the beginning of the life cycle as they observe lambs and chicks
- learn how to care for their bodies and personal belongings
- wash their hands as many times as they want
- choose activities independently or with a small group
- serve themselves food and offer some to another person
- pour themselves a drink of water…
PRAIRIE HILL Learning Center
17705 South 12 Street
Roca, NE 68430
“Just 7 miles south of Lincoln, NE”
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs). To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Stop 9410, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.